Regular Office Hours
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
Special Offer: $15.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $15.00 OFF Shipping
The Garage Plan Shop is offering $15.00 OFF shipping for online orders only on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $350.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 05G14
Custom Garage Plans
We Offer Custom Drawn Garage Plans!
Check out our Blog for What's New!
YOUR Affordable Custom Garage Design
**NOTE: This service is ONLY for customers looking for custom blueprints DRAWN FROM SCRATCH. If you simply want to make changes to a plan found on our site, please visit our modification page and submit a modification request form.**
Adding a garage plan, outbuilding, carport, pool house, shed, pole building or barn to your backyard or another piece of property is a significant investment that will increase the value of your home or property. This accessory structure should be a reflection of your lifestyle, consist of your desired amenities and satisfy all your specific needs and requirements. Your garage or outbuilding should match the style of your existing home and/or complement its surroundings. You already have ideas about what you desire in your dream garage. It is time to consider a custom garage plan designed to fit your exact needs. Our custom design team offers detailed custom garage design services at an affordable price. Our experienced designers will work with you to create YOUR custom garage design, keeping you and your construction budget in mind.
Our staff has over ten years of experience working with customers over the phone, through email and by fax. We’ll listen carefully and design exactly the custom garage plan you want. For a free consultation, contact us today! You’ll see how easy it can be to take advantage of our experience and dedication to customer service, no matter the distance.
Follow these easy steps for your free quote and brief consultation:
1. Fill out and submit the custom garage design request form. Please remember details are important! When describing your desired garage, outbuilding, carport, shed, pool house, barn, etc., be as specific as possible. (To ensure consistency, use “width” when discussing measurements running left to right on the floor plan. Use "depth" when discussing measurements running front to back.)
2. Provide any drawings or sketches you have available.
3. One of our custom designers will contact you within two (2) business days. Expect a brief consultation and quote for your desired custom design. Please note: All time and cost estimates are good for 45 days.
Custom garage design fees:
Purchasing a custom drawn garage plan ensures you will get the exact garage design you want with a floor plan that will satisfy all your specific needs and desires. The fee to design your custom plan will typically be $1.00 - $1.50 per square foot based on the total square footage of the design. This includes unfinished and finished square footage. Your custom garage design will include up to two preliminary drafts of the garage plan at no extra charge. Additional revisions requested by client will be charged at $85.00 per hour.
Payment and Time Schedule
Custom garage plan fees will be collected in three (3) equal payments:
Retainer 1 (1/3): Due prior to beginning preliminary drawings.
Retainer 2 (1/3): Due upon approval of preliminary drawings and prior to beginning the
detailed working drawings.
Retainer 3 (1/3): Due upon completion of working drawings and prior to shipping plans.
Any additional revision requests will be charged at $85.00 per hour.
Balance: If a balance is remaining, the amount is due prior to delivery of goods.
Custom garage design process:
• Client will sign a custom design contract.
• Our custom design team will provide the first draft of the preliminary design for review within three (3) weeks of receiving the first retainer and will reflect all of the items submitted on the original custom design request.
• Up to three (3) preliminary drafts will be submitted to the client prior to detailing the final construction drawings for the garage plan. After the third preliminary draft, additional design requests or changes not included in the original request will be charged independently at an hourly rate of $85.00 or a flat quoted rate.
• After the client has verified and approved all the preliminary drawings and we have received the second retainer, the custom garage plan will be detailed and completed within an additional three (3) weeks. Additional design requests or changes not included in the original request will be charged independently at an hourly rate of $85.00 or a flat quoted rate.
• The client will be notified at the time the custom plan is completed. At that time, the final payment will be due in full prior to shipment.
**NOTE: All approximated timeframes presume the client will respond/provide feedback in a timely manner. Any delayed responses will prolong the approximated completion time.**
Additional notes about engineering and building codes:
Our custom garage plans are designed to meet national building codes. We do not guarantee they will meet all local building requirements or building codes influenced by local geographic or climactic factors. It is the responsibility of the owner or builder to ensure these garage plans comply with city, county, municipal and/or state/provincial building codes. Additionally, your custom garage plans will not be sealed or stamped by an engineer or architect. It is the owner’s (or builder’s) responsibility to hire a local professional to review and seal or stamp the plans if required by the building department. This must be handled by an engineer or architect licensed in the state/province where the garage is to be built.
The completed custom garage blueprints will be emailed in PDF format (5 printed sets or CAD file option available upon request.) The blueprints WILL INCLUDE:
a) Floor Plans: Garage plan drawings indicating dimensions for construction
b) Roof Plan: Drawings indicating roof slopes and unique conditions
c) Exterior Elevations: Drawings reflecting exterior appearance and the types of materials used for the exterior finish and trim
d) Building Sections: Drawings cut through important locations in the structure
e) Construction Details: Drawings showing specific construction of building elements at a large scale
f) Electrical Plans: Basic electrical layout (reflects suggested locations of receptacles, fixtures and switches)
g) Foundation Plan: Dimensioned drawings describing specific foundation conditions for the structure
h) Kitchen and bath elevations (if applicable)
i) A building license: A single-use license for construction at one location only
(NOTE: If design is to be built multiple times, a discounted re-use license is required and available upon request.)
If you would like to get started, please complete and submit our custom garage design request form.
OR, please contact us:
Our custom design team can provide other custom plans such as single-family homes, multi-family units, commercial plans and a variety of backyard structures and accessory buildings.