Special Offer: $15.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $15.00 OFF Shipping
The Garage Plan Shop is offering $15.00 OFF shipping on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $350.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 06G13
Custom Garage Plans
We Offer Custom Drawn Garage Plans!
Check out our Blog for What's New!
Christmas & New Year’s Holiday Hours
We would like to wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season. Please note: Our office will be CLOSED December 23, 2013 – January 1, 2014. Please Note: Due to the varying holiday schedules of the designers and architects we represent, we cannot ensure order ship dates between December 23, 2013 and January 3, 2014. If you need to place a rush order after 11:00 AM CST on December 20, 2013, please call to verify available shipping dates and times. We will be checking emails and voice messages occasionally.
Regular Office Hours
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
How to Customize your Garage Plan
Sometimes it can be difficult to find a garage blueprint that meets your all of your specific criteria. The Garage Plan Shop offers a garage plan modification service to help you modify your plan to meet your needs.
Typical garage plan changes include:
- Modifying a two-car to a three-car garage or making a garage larger by depth and/or width
- Changing the garage entry from front to side
- Changing the foundation type
- Modifying exterior elevations
- Redesigning the living space of a garage apartment
- And most other garage plan changes desired
Changes we cannot make to your garage plans include:
- Modifying or engineering the plan to meet local building codes
- Reversing the plans
- Combining two different plans into one (because of copyright laws)
By following these simple steps, you’ll discover our garage modification service is easy to use.
1. Determine the changes you want to make.
2. Complete and submit the modification request form for a quote. Be as specific as possible when describing your changes and refer to rooms, spaces and other items on the floor plan the same way they are labeled. For example, if the garage floor plan refers to a workbench, then use “workbench” in your description rather than “workshop”. It is helpful, but not necessary, to include a sketch of the modified floor plan.
3. Within two or three business days, you will receive a quote for your desired changes. Quotes do not include the cost of reproducible masters required for our modification team to legally make changes to the blueprints.
4. Call and accept the quote from our modification team and purchase the reproducible masters for the garage plan. If your customizing quote is for $350.00 and the reproducible masters cost $400.00, the total cost of your order will be $750.00 plus the cost of two shipping fees, one to ship the plans to the modification team and one to ship the modified plans to you.
5. Our modification team sends up to three drafts to you to verify your initial changes. Extra charges apply after the third draft. Extra charges also apply for any additional modifications made to the original request.
6. Once you have approved the final draft, the changes are made to the reproducible master by adding additional sheets to the set of blueprints. The original reproducible master (with no modifications) and the additional changed sheets are shipped to you.
Other critical information:
- Blueprints cannot be redrawn in reverse layout. All modifications are made to match the original layout of the reproducible master. Once you receive your blueprints, you can make reverse copies at the copy shop.
- Our staff designer will provide you with the first draft for your review within 4 weeks plus shipping time to receive your blueprints at the customizing office.
- Up to three drafts are submitted to you for review before making changes to the original blueprints. The first draft contains all changes based on your original request. Additional changes not included in the original modification request are charged independently at $75.00 per hour or a flat quoted rate.
- Changes are drawn on additional sheets with the modifications shown and a note to see the main sheet for details. For instance, a floor plan sheet from the original set (i.e., Sheet 3) would have a sheet following with changes (i.e., Sheet A-3).
- Changes to the blueprints are drawn to meet national building codes. Modifications are not drawn to any particular state or county codes, thus we cannot guarantee the revisions will meet your local building codes. It may be necessary to have a local residential designer or architect review the modified plans to ensure they comply with your state, county or other local building codes.
- Time and cost estimates are valid for 90 calendar days.
- Verbal requests are not accepted. All modification requests must be submitted in writing.
Two Easy Steps for FAST service:
1. Download the modification request form.
2. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 314-439-5328.
© Copyright 2008 The GaragePlanShop, LLC