Regular Office Hours
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
Special Offer: $15.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $15.00 OFF Shipping
The Garage Plan Shop is offering $15.00 OFF shipping for online orders only on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $400.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 02G15
Custom Garage Plans
We Offer Custom Drawn Garage Plans!
Check out our Blog for What's New!
How to Modify your Garage Plan
Sometimes it can be difficult to find a garage plan that meets all of your specific criteria. The Garage Plan Shop offers a garage plan modification service to help you modify your plan to meet your needs.
Typical garage plan changes include:
- Modifying a two-car to a three-car garage or making a garage larger by depth and/or width
- Changing the garage entry from front to side
- Changing the foundation type
- Modifying exterior elevations such as changing the roof pitch, adding/eliminating windows, etc.
- Redesigning the living space of a garage apartment
- Creating new spaces such as a workshop, storage area or living space above the garage
- Reversing the plan (mirror reverse or right reading reverse)
- And most other garage plan changes desired
Changes we cannot make to your garage plans include:
- Modifying or engineering the plan to meet local building codes
- Combining two different plans into one (because of copyright laws)
By following these simple steps, you’ll discover our garage modification service is easy to use.
1. Determine the changes you want to make.
2. Complete and submit the modification request form for a free quote. Be as specific as possible when describing your changes and refer to rooms, spaces and other items on the floor plan the same way they are labeled. For example, if the garage floor plan refers to a workbench, then use “workbench” in your description rather than “workshop”. Additionally, provide detailed descriptions of your changes as if you were looking at the plan from the front of the garage. Use key words such as “to the right,” “towards the front,” and “on the upper level.” Give dimensions when available. Use “width” when referring to measurements running left to right on a floor plan, and use “depth” when referring to measurements running from front to back. It is helpful, but not necessary, to include a sketch of the modified floor plan.
3. Within two or three business days, you will receive an emailed quote for your desired changes. The quote will list the cost for your modifications plus the cost for either the reproducible master, PDF or CAD file needed to legally change the original copyrighted blueprint. The total project cost is the combined total for the modification fees, the specified blueprint package listed in the quote and shipping fees (when applicable).
4. Follow the instructions in the emailed quote to purchase the reproducible master, PDF or CAD file for your garage plan, arrange payment for your modifications, and move forward with your desired changes.
5. Approve the preliminary drawings provided by the modification team for your desired changes. NOTE: Extra charges will apply for any additional modifications made to the original modification request.
6. After you have approved the preliminary drawings, the changes will be made to the construction drawings. The final modified garage plan will be emailed or shipped directly to you upon completion.
Other critical information:
- Changes to the garage blueprints are drawn to meet national building codes. Modifications are not drawn to any particular state, county or local codes, thus we cannot guarantee the revisions will meet your local building codes. It may be necessary to have a local residential designer, engineer or architect review the modified plans to ensure they comply with your state, county or other local building codes.
- Time and cost estimates are valid for 30 calendar days.
- Verbal requests are not accepted. All modification requests must be submitted in writing.
Two Easy Steps for FAST service:
1. Download the modification request form.
2. Email the completed form to email@example.com or fax to 314-439-5328.
© Copyright 2008 The GaragePlanShop, LLC