Dec 30 2009
The holidays are here. Amid the hustle and bustle of the season, we are often asked to bring a dish, snack or appetizer to a holiday gathering. These recipes are simple to make and tasty to eat. Try one of these the next time you’re asked to bring something to a gathering.
Ranch Salsa Dip
1 16 oz carton of sour cream
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dip Mix
1 bag of nacho chips
1. Mix sour cream, salsa and ranch dip mix in a medium bowl.
2. Chill or serve immediately with nacho chips.
1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 cup roasted red peppers drained and rinsed
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Crackers, veggies or pita chips
1. Add chickpeas to food processor and puree.
2. Add roasted red peppers and remaining ingredients. Puree until smooth.
4. Serve with crackers, veggies or pita chips