So, you’ve found just the right detached garage plan to accommodate your needs, except there is one small problem. You’d like to have a practical and convenient drive-thru bay, but the floor plan you like doesn’t offer front and rear overhead doors. No worries. While The Garage Plan Shop offers a collection of drive-thru garage plans, but we understand that we might not offer the perfect garage floor plan to satisfy all your needs. However, if you find another garage plan in our collection that is ideal for your needs and would be perfect if it had a drive-thru bay, just let us know. We offer a modification service who can modify the floor plan according to your specifications. Simply submit your modification request form to receive a free quote to add an overhead door to the rear of the garage you like most. Our modification team will provide a quote within 1-2 business days to make the change for you and they will explain the modification process. Just click on the “modify this plan” link below the main image of the garage on the plan page of our website, complete the form and return it to us to receive your quote. In just a few weeks or less, an ordinary detached garage design will be transformed into a practical drive-thru garage plan.
Having a detached garage plan for extra parking or storage is convenient, but did you ever think about how much more convenient your garage would be if it had at least one drive-thru bay. Drive-thru garage plans offer practical conveniences that you might not ever think of when it comes to detached garages. Consider these points:
- Drive-thru garage plans are available in a variety of sizes and styles included single and tandem bays as well and simple designs and more complex plans with a loft or storage space above.
- The rear overhead door makes it easy to access items at the back of the garage, such as the riding lawn mower or leaf blower, without having to back the cars out just to get to it.
- On the right lot or property, the drive-thru garage bay eliminates the hassle of back in or out of your garage. You can simply pull straight thru instead.
- If you wish to store a boat or trailer, simply pull into the garage with your truck, pull thru leaving the boat or trailer centered in the garage bay. Unhitch the boat or trailer and close the door. When it comes time to access the boat or trailer later, back your truck up to the garage door, hitch to the boat or trailer and pull away. There is no need to back the boat or trailer in and out of the garage any longer.
- Drive-thru RV garage plans are a dream-come-true for RV and camper owners. It is already challenging enough to drive such a huge vehicle, so you’ll appreciate the convenience of a drive-thru RV garage eliminating the hassle and frustration of trying to back the RV in or out of the garage.
- A drive-thru garage plan with the rear door opening to the backyard works well for families with small children. The kids can access bikes and toys inside from the safety of the backyard without having to go to the front of the garage or driveway near the street.
Practical and convenient, there are many other good reasons to build a drive-thru garage plan. Take some time to check out The Garage Plan Shop’s collection of drive-thru designs.
Have you ever heard of a drive-thru garage? Do you know what makes them so special? Drive-thru garage plans are just like any other detached garage offering parking and/or storage space. They are available in a variety of sizes and architectural styles. Some come with lofts, storage spaces and other thoughtful extras. But the thing that makes drive-thru garage plans so special is that you can truly drive right thru them. These practical and convenient garage floor plans are outfitted with at least one drive-thru bay. This means at least one bay offers a front and rear overhead garage door. With this special arrangement, you no longer have to hassle with backing in and out of the garage, you can simply pull right thru if you choose. Furthermore, if you are one who likes to store other items in the garage like the riding mower or the kids’ bikes, you can access these things from the rear garage door without ever moving the cars to get to them. Another special use for a drive-thru garage plan comes with those having extra deep bays designed to accommodate boats and trailers. With a drive-thru boat storage garage, you can simply pull into your garage, pull the truck thru the bay and unhitch the boat trailer, leaving it inside. Then, just drive away and close both the front and rear overhead doors safely storing your boat inside. You’ll never have to back the boat trailer in or out of the garage again. Likewise drive-thru RV garage plans are especially convenient for motor homes and campers. It is already hard enough to drive an oversized vehicle much less try to back it in or out of a garage. The convenience of a drive-thru RV bay eliminates the need to back something so monstrous out of the garage. For families that have small children and store toys inside the garage, drive-thru garage plans lend a little extra safety. Open the rear garage door and let the kids access their toys and sporting equipment from the backyard. This will eliminate the need for the kids to be in the front yard or on the driveway keeping them a safe distance from the street and out of harm’s way.
Drive-thru garage plans come in a broad range of designs ranging from a 2-car garage to a drive-thru RV garage. Check out The Garage Plan Shop’s collection of garage floor plans today!