Attention fishermen and boating enthusiasts! The Garage Plan Shop has the perfect detached garage plan for your boat! Take a look at this drive-thru garage designed to eliminate the hassle of backing your boat and trailer in and out of the garage. Thoughtfully planned with front and rear overhead doors, this boat storage design simply allows you to pull your truck straight thru the garage and unhitch the boat trailer leaving it neatly parked inside. You’ll have peace of mind knowing there won’t be any more hassles with backing the trailer in and out of the garage, and your boat will be protected from Mother Nature’s furry when you’re not on the water. Pay close attention to the floor plan. It even offers enough room on the sides for storage of all the things you’ll need on the water like lifejackets, water skis, fishing poles and tackle boxes. Delivering 669 square feet of usable space, this boat storage garage with gambrel roof is an instant winner!
For more boat storage garage plans and drive-thru designs, be sure browse our versatile collections.
Having a detached garage plan for extra parking or storage is convenient, but did you ever think about how much more convenient your garage would be if it had at least one drive-thru bay. Drive-thru garage plans offer practical conveniences that you might not ever think of when it comes to detached garages. Consider these points:
- Drive-thru garage plans are available in a variety of sizes and styles included single and tandem bays as well and simple designs and more complex plans with a loft or storage space above.
- The rear overhead door makes it easy to access items at the back of the garage, such as the riding lawn mower or leaf blower, without having to back the cars out just to get to it.
- On the right lot or property, the drive-thru garage bay eliminates the hassle of back in or out of your garage. You can simply pull straight thru instead.
- If you wish to store a boat or trailer, simply pull into the garage with your truck, pull thru leaving the boat or trailer centered in the garage bay. Unhitch the boat or trailer and close the door. When it comes time to access the boat or trailer later, back your truck up to the garage door, hitch to the boat or trailer and pull away. There is no need to back the boat or trailer in and out of the garage any longer.
- Drive-thru RV garage plans are a dream-come-true for RV and camper owners. It is already challenging enough to drive such a huge vehicle, so you’ll appreciate the convenience of a drive-thru RV garage eliminating the hassle and frustration of trying to back the RV in or out of the garage.
- A drive-thru garage plan with the rear door opening to the backyard works well for families with small children. The kids can access bikes and toys inside from the safety of the backyard without having to go to the front of the garage or driveway near the street.
Practical and convenient, there are many other good reasons to build a drive-thru garage plan. Take some time to check out The Garage Plan Shop’s collection of drive-thru designs.
Have you ever heard of a drive-thru garage? Do you know what makes them so special? Drive-thru garage plans are just like any other detached garage offering parking and/or storage space. They are available in a variety of sizes and architectural styles. Some come with lofts, storage spaces and other thoughtful extras. But the thing that makes drive-thru garage plans so special is that you can truly drive right thru them. These practical and convenient garage floor plans are outfitted with at least one drive-thru bay. This means at least one bay offers a front and rear overhead garage door. With this special arrangement, you no longer have to hassle with backing in and out of the garage, you can simply pull right thru if you choose. Furthermore, if you are one who likes to store other items in the garage like the riding mower or the kids’ bikes, you can access these things from the rear garage door without ever moving the cars to get to them. Another special use for a drive-thru garage plan comes with those having extra deep bays designed to accommodate boats and trailers. With a drive-thru boat storage garage, you can simply pull into your garage, pull the truck thru the bay and unhitch the boat trailer, leaving it inside. Then, just drive away and close both the front and rear overhead doors safely storing your boat inside. You’ll never have to back the boat trailer in or out of the garage again. Likewise drive-thru RV garage plans are especially convenient for motor homes and campers. It is already hard enough to drive an oversized vehicle much less try to back it in or out of a garage. The convenience of a drive-thru RV bay eliminates the need to back something so monstrous out of the garage. For families that have small children and store toys inside the garage, drive-thru garage plans lend a little extra safety. Open the rear garage door and let the kids access their toys and sporting equipment from the backyard. This will eliminate the need for the kids to be in the front yard or on the driveway keeping them a safe distance from the street and out of harm’s way.
Drive-thru garage plans come in a broad range of designs ranging from a 2-car garage to a drive-thru RV garage. Check out The Garage Plan Shop’s collection of garage floor plans today!
If you need a two-car garage but prefer the hassle-free convenience of a drive-thru bay, this detached garage plan is worth taking a second look. Begin with its striking Northwestern styled exterior. Its multi-material facade is sure to complement any Craftsman style home. Now, take a look inside. Two overhead doors open to a 780 square foot parking area, just right for the family cars. At the rear, a third overhead door opens to find the backyard. If you hate backing in or out of the garage, this special feature allows you to pull the car straight thru. This arrangement is also handy when it comes to retrieving the lawn mower, the kids’ bikes or gardening tools. Just lift the rear door to access the items you need eliminating the hassle of backing a car out of the garage in order for the kids to get their bikes or other things. Now more scratched or dented car doors. The drive-thru garage bay is the perfect solution. Other practical features with this detached garage plan include a side service door and a vaulted carport delivering even more sheltered parking. Carefully designed with function and convenience, this drive-thru garage plan with carport will add value to your home.
View more drive-thru garage plans.