Jan 12 2011
It happens all the time. People who live in a house or own their own home get to a point where there just isn’t enough storage space for all their stuff. When the closets and garage are filled to capacity and the basement and attic are overflowing, it is time to take action. “What kind of action?” you ask. Build a backyard storage shed. There is a wide variety of shed plans available featuring various sizes, styles and rooflines. They work great for a multitude of storage needs, fit well in backyards and on small pieces of property, and keep your things dry, safe and secure. With a good set of shed plans and the right tools and materials, a storage shed can usually be built in just a couple of weekends. Furthermore, many of them feature an economical design that won’t break the bank.
So what can a backyard storage shed do for you?
· Add value, efficiency and practicality to your home
· Provide a storage space for lawn mowers and other lawn and garden tools and supplies
· Offer a secure place to store power tools and other items that may be harmful to children
· Serve as seasonal storage for holiday décor
· Provide room to store furniture for outdoor living areas throughout the winter months
· Deliver storage space for pool toys, chemicals and supplies during the cold season
· Work well as a craft or hobby room
· Offer a great place for a workshop for crafters, tinkers and the family handyman
· Provide storage space for mechanic’s tools and auto parts
· Serve as storage for the kids’ bikes, skate boards and other outdoor toys and sporting equipment
· Work well as a gardening or potting shed
· Help free up space in the garage so you can actually park the car inside
These are just a few of the things you can do with storage shed plans. The Garage Plan Shop recommends building a shed plan in your backyard to add functionality to your home and property right away, not to mention storage space.