Sep 15 2010
The National Association of Home Builders released the fourth edition of Residential Construction Performance Guidelines last week. This important reference is the most widely used reference in the building industry. This fully updated and revised version provides detailed information regarding how new homes should perform and helps builders and remodelers manage customer expectations while delivering high-performance homes.
The 4th edition is available in a consumer version and a contractor version.
The consumer’s version:
- Helps homeowners understand the basics of a properly constructed home
- Helps homeowners understand how a new home should perform during the warranty period
The contractor’s version of the fourth edition features:
· New guidelines addressing efflorescence, deflection and water penetration
· A collection of almost 300 guidelines in 12 major construction categories
· Remodeling-specific guidelines
· Tips for taking critical measurements
· Language for writing/preparing contracts
· A glossary
Find out more about the newest edition of Residential Construction Performance Guidelines.
No responses yet