Oct 19 2011
Building a garage apartment plan is a practical home addition, and garage apartments are becoming more and more popular given the conditions of the present economy. Discover some of the top reasons Americans are building garage apartment plans.
- Families need more parking space, especially those with up teenage drivers.
- Families are outgrowing their homes and need more living space.
- Families love their neighborhoods and don’t want to move but need extra room.
- Growing families do not have the finances to upgrade to a lager home or build a brand new home, but can afford a smaller construction project that will provide much needed living area.
- Some homeowners need extra storage space.
- The family handyman needs a workshop.
- The work-at-home parent desires a home office that provides peace and quiet and the ability to visit with clients without disturbing the rest of the home.
- Home-base business owners want a private place to work without actually leaving home.
- Homeowner’s desire a guest suite that provides all the comforts and privacy of home for frequent weekend visitors.
- Homeowners want to add a hobby room, craft area, or exercise area, but don’t have a basement or enough room in the basement to add one.
- Some homeowner’s need a place for aging relatives to have the privacy of their own home with the opportunity to seek immediate assistance if necessary.
- Grandparents are looking for a place for grandkids to stay when visiting for the holidays without having to listen to loud music or be disturbed when the grandkids come home in the wee hours of the morning.
- Parents need additional housing for college students who require privacy and independence, but still need parental guidance from time to time.
- Parents are looking for a place for boomerang children to stay until they get back on their feet.
- Families need room to relax and often use the apartment for a playroom, home theater or game room for everyone to enjoy.
- Growing families are looking for an additional source of income and rent the living quarters to tenants.
- Owners of large estates may wish to provide living quarters for the maid, groundskeeper, etc.
- Families may need living quarters for the nanny.
- Outdoor adventurists and nature enthusiasts may not build a garage apartment in the backyard at all, but rather near their favorite lake or in the woods using it as a vacation home or weekend retreat.
- Garage apartments make nice temporary living quarters while the main home is being constructed and easily convert to a guest house when it is time to move into the main home.
Interested in viewing garage apartment floor plans? Check out The Garage Plan Shop’s extensive collection from North America’s top rated designers.
No responses yet