Apr 01 2015
Our outside space can be utilized in so many ways, a playground, an entertainment center, a garden showcase. By keeping organized, one can reap the most benefits with less time on upkeep and more time for enjoyment. Here are some tips to help you keep your backyard organized:
- Clean – At the end of the season, gather items together by usage, like gardening tools, the kids’ toys, grilling equipment. Cover what needs to be protected from the elements and stow away the rest. Treat your clean garden tools and mower blades to a coat of oil or lubricant to keep them from rusting.
- Stow it – Designate one area of your garage or basement just for storing outdoor items. If you are maxing out your garage storage or just tired of toting items up and down the basement stairs, consider investing in a shed or purchasing a storage shed of shed blueprints and building your own. Organizing here is easily accomplished with shelves, pegboards, hooks, and storage containers. Use see through containers or labels to save time when locating and retrieving items.
- Down Under – Additional storage space may be found and used under porches and decks. You may want to install some lattice work to help keep it out of sight.
- Reel it in – To keep hoses from becoming unsightly, dangerous tangles invest in a hose reel. Not only does it keep it in its place, it helps drain the water out of it for winter storage.
- Pave it – If you have a beaten path in your lawn because it is traversed so often, like the route to the trash cans or pool, consider setting some pavers or stepping stones. It will save time and money from constant reseeding or sodding and as a bonus, keep you on track.