Apr 15 2010
Attention RV owners! The advantages of having an RV garage are obvious. Like cars, trucks, motorcycles and other motor vehicles, RVs, campers and motorhomes are not immune to the elements. Parking your RV in a garage purposely designed and built for it will definitely keep your recreational vehicle in good shape for years to come. Face it, RVs are a serious investment, and it is important to protect them in the best way possible. You can do it with RV garages plans! The Garage Plan Shop recommends considering these items before choosing an RV garage plan for your home away from home.
· Determine the overall size of the RV you wish to accommodate – width, length and height. What size garage doors will you need? How deep should the RV bay be? How tall should the ceiling be?
· Determine the size of your lot or the area of your backyard where you plan to build the garage. This will give you a guild line when considering the overall width and depth of RV garage plans.
· Is the location where you plan to build accessible? Will you need to extend the driveway? Will you be able to pull the RV in and out of the garage safely and easily?
· Because RV garages are taller than a standard garage, make note of any overhead power lines, telephone lines, etc. that may pose a problem.
· Do you want your RV garage to offer another function? Consider extra features that may accommodate other needs like a storage space, half or full bath, workshop or work bench.
· Do you want the RV bay to be attached to a standard garage for car storage?
· If your lot is large enough, consider the convenience of a drive-thru RV garage featuring overhead doors at the front and back of the RV bay, which allow you to pull right thru the garage rather than hassling with backing in or out of the garage.
· Check with your building department to find out if there are any building codes or restrictions that might influence the selection you make when choosing your garage plan.
After considering these ideas, you’ll be well on your way to choosing the RV garage plan that is right for you.