Are you planning on building a new garage? Chances are you’ve selected just the right garage plan to satisfy your needs and complement your home. But what will make your new addition more than just another garage? The perfect garage door(s)!
Garage doors come in a wide range of sizes, styles and colors ensuring you’ll find the perfect one to give your new garage a stylish look while reflecting personal tastes. Overhead doors are available with or without windows and are made from a variety of materials such as steel, wood, vinyl and fiberglass. Additional details lend architectural appeal contributing to the overall look of the garage door such as modern or Craftsman style. With the right style overhead door, your new garage will have plenty of street appeal and extra charm.
You’ll find an array of garage door styles to choose from online. Browse online garage door sites like Precision Garage Doors St. Louis to get some ideas.
The purpose and function of overhead garage doors have changed over time. Now, not only do they open, close and lock keeping your cars and other items in the garage safe and out of site, but garage doors also contribute to the overall curb appeal of the structure not to mention offer energy efficiency. Garage doors are available in a vast array of sizes, styles, colors and architectural themes ensuring you’ll find the right one to suit your needs. If you plan to build a detached garage plan, put some thought into the type of overhead doors you’d like to use. Below is a list of things to consider before purchasing your garage door:
- Does the garage door complement the architectural style of your garage and accompanying home?
- Is it available in a color that blends nicely with the façade?
- What energy efficiency features does it have including insulation?
- Is the garage door available with customizable options such as your choice of hardware or glass allowing you to have your own unique look?
- Does the garage door have a high durability rating?
- Are there any special safety features included?
Also, check with garage door manufactures. Some offer a design tool by which you can upload a photo of your garage and “try on” all the different door options experimenting with color, style, etc., making it easy to select the right overhead door for your new garage.