Check out this multi-purpose outbuilding plan. With its drive-thru garage bay, it is ideal for RV or boat storage and eliminates the hassle of backing your RV or boat and trailer out of the garage. The drive-thru features is convenient and safe while a vaulted 15’ ceiling and oversized garage door easily accommodate your needs. Two enclosed storage spaces provide plenty of room for storing camping and fishing gear as well as tools or lawn and garden supplies. Don’t miss the open shed area that delivers ample of room for storing large or bulky items that you need to protect from the elements. Add value to your property and that much needed storage space with this drive-thru, RV garage plan.
To view our entire collection of garage plans, please visit, TheGaragePlanShop.com.
So, you’ve found just the right detached garage plan to accommodate your needs, except there is one small problem. You’d like to have a practical and convenient drive-thru bay, but the floor plan you like doesn’t offer front and rear overhead doors. No worries. While The Garage Plan Shop offers a collection of drive-thru garage plans, but we understand that we might not offer the perfect garage floor plan to satisfy all your needs. However, if you find another garage plan in our collection that is ideal for your needs and would be perfect if it had a drive-thru bay, just let us know. We offer a modification service who can modify the floor plan according to your specifications. Simply submit your modification request form to receive a free quote to add an overhead door to the rear of the garage you like most. Our modification team will provide a quote within 1-2 business days to make the change for you and they will explain the modification process. Just click on the “modify this plan” link below the main image of the garage on the plan page of our website, complete the form and return it to us to receive your quote. In just a few weeks or less, an ordinary detached garage design will be transformed into a practical drive-thru garage plan.
Drive-thru garage plans are detached garage plans designed for the storage of one or more cars. Unlike most traditional garages, these special floor plans features at least one garage door at the front of the structure and one garage door at the back allowing cars and other vehicles to diver completely thru the garage. There are many conveniences with these types of garages. For example, it may be easier to pull straight thru the garage when pulling a boat or trailer rather than trying to back it in or out of the garage. In other cases, many find it is convenient to access the kids’ bikes and toys or even the riding mower without having to move the cars or risk dents and scratches in their doors. With a drive-thru garage, the possibilities are endless when considering the convenience of storing and accessing automobiles, ATVS, a golf cart, lawn and garden tools or other equipment. Some drive-thru garage plans incorporate thoughtful extras like a loft, workshop, storage area, extra tall ceilings, or full or half bath.
These designs are available in a fabulous array of sizes and styles including single-story and two-story floor plans. There are many different styles to choose from as well, from traditional to country offering plenty of looks to complement your home. Various rooflines and garage door combinations further enhance the selection and offer flexibility.
Take some time to browse the drive-thru garage plans and other designs at The Garage Plan Shop.
Attention fishermen and boating enthusiasts! The Garage Plan Shop has the perfect detached garage plan for your boat! Take a look at this drive-thru garage designed to eliminate the hassle of backing your boat and trailer in and out of the garage. Thoughtfully planned with front and rear overhead doors, this boat storage design simply allows you to pull your truck straight thru the garage and unhitch the boat trailer leaving it neatly parked inside. You’ll have peace of mind knowing there won’t be any more hassles with backing the trailer in and out of the garage, and your boat will be protected from Mother Nature’s furry when you’re not on the water. Pay close attention to the floor plan. It even offers enough room on the sides for storage of all the things you’ll need on the water like lifejackets, water skis, fishing poles and tackle boxes. Delivering 669 square feet of usable space, this boat storage garage with gambrel roof is an instant winner!
For more boat storage garage plans and drive-thru designs, be sure browse our versatile collections.
Having a detached garage plan for extra parking or storage is convenient, but did you ever think about how much more convenient your garage would be if it had at least one drive-thru bay. Drive-thru garage plans offer practical conveniences that you might not ever think of when it comes to detached garages. Consider these points:
- Drive-thru garage plans are available in a variety of sizes and styles included single and tandem bays as well and simple designs and more complex plans with a loft or storage space above.
- The rear overhead door makes it easy to access items at the back of the garage, such as the riding lawn mower or leaf blower, without having to back the cars out just to get to it.
- On the right lot or property, the drive-thru garage bay eliminates the hassle of back in or out of your garage. You can simply pull straight thru instead.
- If you wish to store a boat or trailer, simply pull into the garage with your truck, pull thru leaving the boat or trailer centered in the garage bay. Unhitch the boat or trailer and close the door. When it comes time to access the boat or trailer later, back your truck up to the garage door, hitch to the boat or trailer and pull away. There is no need to back the boat or trailer in and out of the garage any longer.
- Drive-thru RV garage plans are a dream-come-true for RV and camper owners. It is already challenging enough to drive such a huge vehicle, so you’ll appreciate the convenience of a drive-thru RV garage eliminating the hassle and frustration of trying to back the RV in or out of the garage.
- A drive-thru garage plan with the rear door opening to the backyard works well for families with small children. The kids can access bikes and toys inside from the safety of the backyard without having to go to the front of the garage or driveway near the street.
Practical and convenient, there are many other good reasons to build a drive-thru garage plan. Take some time to check out The Garage Plan Shop’s collection of drive-thru designs.