Traditional styling allows this 2-car garage plan with flexible space to blend well with most homes. The exterior features a siding façade and a covered porch. Two overhead doors open to the double garage where bays 27’ deep easily accommodate larger vehicles like pick-up trucks and SUVs. Windows at the back of the garage lend natural light and a service door provides convenience. The flexible space attached to the garage can be used for a multitude of purposes. This small studio features a full bath and ample closet space. It could serve as a guest suite for weekend visitors providing privacy from the main home. For those who work from home or own their own small business, the flexible space could serve as an office allowing you to go to work and never actually leave home. Finally, crafters, artists and music enthusiasts might choose to finish the flex space as their own private studio for whatever hobby they prefer. Add functionality to your home and extra parking space too with this 2-car garage plan with flex space.
For more garages like this one, please view our collection of garage plans with flex space.
When it comes to choosing the best lighting for your garage or workshop, there are many options to consider, however it all comes down to how you plan to use your garage or shop and your personal preferences. Whether you’re building a new garage or just upgrading the one you have, your choice of lighting will influence how usable your garage or shop will be and how much time you’ll spend there. These three easy steps will help you choose the appropriate garage or workshop lighting for your needs:
- Determine how you plan to use your garage or shop. Will it only be used for parking? Do you plan to work on cars? Will you use the garage for storage space? Hobbies? A workshop?
- Select general purpose lighting to illuminate all sections of the garage or workshop including the corners. Fluorescent light fixtures are a popular choice as they are relatively common, they provide more than adequate general lighting and they can be equally spaced across the span of your garage for the best illumination. If you have questions, about fluorescent lighting, check with your lighting professional and your electrician.
- Consider the layout of your garage or workshop and create individual work or storage spaces within it. Select task lighting for each designated space or purpose. If you plan to have a workbench, choose track lighting or a fixture that fits neatly under an overhead cabinet to illuminate your workbench. Consider positioning an overhead light above a craft or hobby table. Use incandescent lighting inside storage closets and other small spaces. Finally, purchase a trouble or drop light to illuminate dark and obscure spaces, such as under the hood of a car. A drop light is portable and can be use for all kinds of purposes within your garage or workshop.
After you’ve selected the lighting fixtures you need, hire a licensed electrician to install them according to local building and electrical codes.
Unique garage plans are designed to stand out among the rest in one way or another.
Additionally, they are designed to deliver a specific function while offering individuality. Many unique garage plans are fashioned to satisfy the owner’s needs and desires while others are designed to accommodate particular elements of the lot they are to be built on such as lot size, shape or slope. Some offer one-of-a-kind features, and others deliver a striking exterior look that will catch anyone’s attention at first glance. Original style, futuristic elements, and unusual features are a few things that give these plans their own individuality. While unique garage plans can vary in size, shape and the number or cars they accommodate, all of them reveal unusual and/or distinct elements. Many of these garage designs would not typically be found along an ordinary neighborhood street. While unique garage plans may have a one-of-a-kind exterior appearance or offer elements not commonly found with traditional garage plans, they can offer some of the same features and services such as:
- Workshops or workbenches
- Drive-thru bays
- Storage spaces (closets, lofts or a designated open area for storage)
- Extra deep bays for boat storage
- Apartments, studios or guest suites (finished living quarters)
Most of the plans in our unique garage plan collection were created and drawn by residential designers with an imagination for originality and a knack to incorporate form and function as well. Remember: What makes a garage unusual or unique is in the eye of the beholder. What might be classified as a unique garage plan by The Garage Plan Shop, many not necessarily seem unique to everyone else. When searching for a unique garage blueprints it is necessary to search our collections based upon your personal tastes, preferences, requirements and style choices.
This featured 1-car garage plan with storage is the perfect addition to any backyard offering parking, storage space and more. The attractive exterior sports vertical siding. When paired with the decorative cupola, it delivers distinctive county charm allowing it to blend with many country style homes. The floor plan offers one oversized parking bay outfitted with an 8’ ceiling and 9’x7’ overhead garage door. You’ll appreciate the workbench at the back of the garage, convenient service entry and the handy storage space on the left side. The storage space works well for storing tools, the lawn mower or the children’s outside toys. Delivering 384 square feet of usable space, this 1-car garage with storage easily converts to a workshop or hobby area for those who enjoy woodworking and tinkering. Enhance your backyard with this practical and versatile1-car garage plan with storage.
View this plan in detail or browse our collection of garage plans with storage.
Add functionality and value to your home with this 2-car garage plan with flex space. On the left, an overhead door opens to the 2-car garage delivering 462 square feet of unfinished parking space, ideal for two family vehicles, or maybe one vehicle and a pair of ATVs it is sure to protect your investments from the elements. A front entry service door adds convenience. On the right side, a separate office works well for a home based business or the work-at-home-parent who needs a little privacy but doesn’t want to go far from home. The office provides 198 square feet of finished space and features a separate entry. It is flexible enough to serve as a hobby area, exercise room, storage space or even a rec room if you prefer. This flexible, detached garage offers sheltered parking and storage or finished space for whatever you might need. Learn more details about plan 051G-0014 now!