Oct 01 2015
· Most stock garage plans are of high quality and provide all the information you’ll need to build the garage with the exception of local requirements due to regional and climactic factors. Some are even available with material lists for an extra charge.
· With sturdy doors and quality locks, a garage offers a secure and dry place to park the cars plus store other items in most cases. You can add cabinets and shelves to accommodate tools, outdoor toys, lawn and garden supplies, etc. Some garages even offer an unfinished loft above or another storage space, such as a closet, to handle basement and attic overflow.
· Garage floor plans easily offer wall spaces for adding hooks and racks designed to hold everything from the family bikes and leaf rakes to jackets and sporting equipment.
· Unlike an open-sided carport, garage plans deliver four walls (if you include the garage door wall) providing complete protection from the sun, hail, wind, snow and rain ensuring your automobiles are safe no matter what weather Mother Nature brings.
· With four walls and no opening, garage plans keep small animals and pests away from your car that might otherwise to crawl up inside if the car were parked in a carport or on an open driveway.
· Garage floor plans provide an opportunity to convert the unfinished space to usable living space should you have a need to do so in the future.
· Building a garage plan can be an expensive project when compared to a carport.
· Garage plans take much longer to build than a simple carport.
· In most cases, you’ll have to follow quite a few rules when it comes to building codes and local building regulations.
· You may be required to obtain a building permit in order to build a detached garage. You might also have to schedule regular inspections with the building inspector throughout the construction process. Check with your local building department to find out what will be required.
If you have the money, space and extra time to build a garage verses a carport, it may be well to your advantage to build a sturdy structure that provides protection on all sides, locked doors, a dry interior and plenty of room for parking and storage.
Visit The Garage Plan Shop to find the right detached garage plan for you.